SEATTLE MARATHON 10K RACE 2015
Held on Saturday, August 22nd, this is the summer 10k race you've been waiting for.
|SATURDAY, AUGUST 22, 2015||START TIME|
|10k Run & Walk||8:00am|
Gas Works Park
Stay tuned to Facebook and Twitter for special promotions related to the 10k Race!
This year’s summer 10K Race will start and end at Gas Works Park and will use Ballard and Wallingford streets, as well as the Burke-Gilman Trail. This beautiful and iconic location and neighborhood route will be a great new change for our growing race! See course map
DOGS ON LEASH & STROLLERS WELCOME
The ADA-compliant course is wheelchair-, dog- and stroller-friendly. We ask that walkers and parties with dogs or strollers start toward the end of the line to reduce crowding and allow runners to achieve their best time. Wheelchair and handcrank participants will start a few minutes before the rest of the 10K participants.
Water/Aid stations are approximately every two miles. There are 3 Water/Aid Stations on the 10k course. Talking Rain water and G Series 02 Perform Thirst Quencher in lemon-lime flavor will be available at each station, in addition to basic medical items and Honey Bucket portable toilets. GU will be available at Mile 4.
Packet pick-up will be available on Friday, August 21 from 3:00pm – 8:00pm and Saturday, August 22 from 6:30am – 7:45am at Gas Works Park.
RACE DAY INFO
- Pets are welcome, but please remember they must be on leash at all times.
- Bag Check will be available near the Start Line. Please do not bring any valuables as we cannot be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Everyone on the course must be wearing a race bib. Please ensure bib/chip is fully visible in front over clothes so you can be identified in your race photos and so your time is properly recorded.
RACE DAY PARKING
There is one free on-site surface parking lot at Gas Works Park that holds approximately 150 cars. Street parking (some of it free) is also available near the park, such as along Northlake Way adjacent to the Burke-Gilman Trail, and on Densmore, Burke, Wallingford and Meridian Ave and N 35th St. Plan to arrive early to allow time for parking and walking to the start line as spaces close by will fill up fast.
T-SHIRTS & GOODY BAGS
All finishers receive a complimentary, short sleeve t-shirt and goody bag. Finishers pick up their t-shirt and goody bag after the race.
Unofficial results will be posted near the finish line as soon as they are available. A complete listing of official results will be posted at www.seattlemarathon.org on the 10k Results page shortly after the race.
The race is timed using ChronoTrack tag technology. Your tag is incorporated into your bib. Your results cannot be posted unless the bib and tag is worn in the proper manner. For more info and instructions on proper tag use, see the Timing page.
- Cash awards will be given for the top five overall runners (male & female).
$500 1st Place Male & Female $350 2nd Place Male & Female $200 3rd Place Male & Female $100 4th Place Male & Female $50 5th Place Male & Female
- Non-cash awards will be given to the top three age division runners (male & female), and top masters runners (40+ male & female).
- Age divisions are as follows: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60+
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
|SATURDAY, AUGUST 22, 2015||TIME|
|Day-of-race registration||6:30 - 7:30am|
|Day-of-race packet pick-up||6:30 - 7:45am|
|10K Run & Walk starts||8:00am|